Skip to main content
Do I need to send documentation in order to make withdrawals from my HSA?
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Do I need to send documentation to Further to make withdrawals from my HSA?
- No, but the IRS requires you to retain documentation for your eligible expenses as you may be required to provide that information to the IRS in the event that you are audited. Your documentation should include the following:
- provider’s name
- patient’s name
- date of service
- type of service
- the final amount you owe after insurance adjustments and discounts
- Some examples of acceptable documentation:
- an Explanation of Benefits from your insurance carrier
- a detailed itemized statement from your provider
- a pharmacy report