Skip to main content
What happens to my FSA if I don’t use all of the funds deposited?
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- What happens to FSA funds at the end of the year?
- Unused money in an FSA is handled in one of three ways, based on the plan design for the group:
- Forfeited at the end of the plan year
- Rollover of up to $500 of the balance to the next plan year. Remaining balances are then forfeited.
- Grace Period allows expenses in the first few months of a new plan year to be paid with old plan year funds. Remaining balances are then forfeited.