Skip to main content
Why didn't my medical claim automatically process through crossover?
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Why didn't my medical claim automatically process through crossover?
- There are multiple reasons a claim may not be submitted to your account by your health plan. Some typical reasons are:
- Dual insurance – If you or any of your covered dependents have more than one health plan (private or Medicare) crossover is not an option, since your patient responsibility amount should be submitted to all insurance companies before your reimbursement account.
- Claim Adjustment – If you claim is reprocessed by insurance, your adjusted claim will not automatically crossover. You may need to manually submit your claim.
- Non-covered expense – If there is a service or charge that is non-covered by insurance, it will not crossover. You will need to manually submit your claim and include an itemized billing statement of the charge.